Courtyard by Marriott, Stockholm
The Courtyard hotel on the island of Kungsholmen, Stockholm is an example of a hotel that goes above and beyond to accommodate the needs of all guests, particularly those with disabilities.
Built in 2010, the four star hotel has already hosted many wheelchair events, which is testament to their excellent facilities.
- a variety of room types available, including family and interconnecting
- accessible rooms are largely kingsize with the option for an extra bed
- wooden floors in all accessible rooms with automatic doors and space under beds (14cm) to allow use of personal hoists
- wheelchair rooms are corner ones so offer panoramic views of both sides of the hotel
- a relatively high proportion of accessible rooms compared to many other hotels
- room numbers in braille
- two members of staff who are able to do sign language
- emergency exits which have wheelchair buttons and evac chairs
- complete familiarisation with dietary restrictions
- disabled parking available on site
- willingness to source necessary equipment e.g. shower chairs and hoists where rpooble although some notice may be required